Pursuant to article 13 of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data) and in compliance with Provision no. 229 issued by the Data Protection Supervisor on 8 May 2014, Guala Closures Website provides the following information on cookies, their functions and how to disable them if necessary.
What are cookies
Cookies are text strings that the sites you visit store on your computer's hard disk or on any device used to access the Internet (smartphones, tablets), which are then retransmitted to the same sites when you access them again. Cookies can be permanently stored on your computer and have a variable duration (the so-called persistent cookies), but they can also disappear as you close your browser or when the session has a limited duration (the so-called session cookies).
Cookies may be installed by the Website you are visiting (the so-called first-party cookies) or by other websites (the so-called third-party cookies) and are used to perform actions such as computer authentication, session monitoring and store information regarding your activities when accessing the Website.
Cookies are classified as:
- Browsing and functionality: cookies: they are used for authentication and user experience improvement purposes (e.g. to store language preferences)
Current Italian laws do not require user’s explicit acceptance of cookies when they are identified as "technical", that is when their purpose is exclusively that of transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network.
- Analytical cookies, if used directly by the Website manager to collect information, in aggregate and anonymous form, on the number of users and how they visit the Website
- Browsing and functionality cookies
According to current Italian laws, a prior consent is required to install profiling cookies.
For this reason, when you access the Website, a special banner is displayed informing you that profiling cookies are used and that, by closing the banner or scrolling the landing page or by clicking any element outside the banner (for example an image or a link), you are consenting to the use of such cookies.
INTERNAL COOKIES ARE SHOWN IN THE FOLLOWING TABLE BY FORM AND SPECIFICATIONS/PURPOSES THE TABLE MUST BE CUSTOMIZED IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|Google Analytics||_git||Used to distinguish users.|
|Google Analytics||_gat||Used to throttle request rate.|
The following type of cookies can be found on the Guala Closures S.p.a. website:
- functionality cookies , which provide a better browsing experience on the Guala Closures S.p.a. website depending on the criteria and options already selected (as an example, the preferred language, so that you will not select it at each access, or the products chosen for purchase, which are stored in the virtual cart until your next access to the Website ).
All types of cookies described above may remain on the computer or on the mobile device used for different periods of time, depending on the function they performed.
Cookies stored on your computer or mobile device cannot be used to retrieve any data from the hard disk, transmit computer viruses, identify and use your e-mail address, or for purposes other than those described above.
How to change cookie settings
You can set and manage your cookie preferences at any time by selecting which cookies you authorize, block or delete, in whole or in part, through your browser settings. Use the path below to manage cookies from your main browsers:
- Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari™: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=it_ITv
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
- Opera™: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
For more information and details on the various types of cookies, their operating methods and characteristics, we recommend visiting the following websites - which are independent of this website - www.AllAboutCookies.org e www.youronlinechoices.com.
To disable analytical cookies and to prevent Google Analytics from collecting your browsing data, you can download the browser's additional component for deactivating Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Guala Closures S.p.a. will keep user's preferences regarding cookies thanks to a specific technical cookie which has the characteristics specified in the table shown above.
Blocking or deleting, in whole or in part:
- technical cookies, could make it impossible to use our website, view its contents and use its services
- functional cookies, could mean that some website services or functions will not be available or work properly, which means you will have to change or manually enter some information or preferences every time you visit the website
- other cookies (analytics and profiling) will not affect the functioning of the website.
Communication and dissemination of data
The data collected using cookies may be processed by company employees and collaborators assigned to the above tasks, who have been expressly authorised to process them and who have received adequate operating instructions. These data may also be processed by trusted companies that perform technical and organizational tasks on our behalf. These companies are our direct collaborators and act as data controllers. In particular, in the area of data processing carried out through the Website, we have appointed a company which is in charge of the Website hosting and backup service. Furthermore, data may be processed by external parties acting as independent controllers such as, for example, authorities and supervisory and control bodies. Data collected using cookies (example, Google) may be transferred to the United States of America and, in compliance with Privacy Shield principles, also as regards Google Analytics, the level of data protection has been deemed adequate by the European Commission in compliance with current laws.
By contacting the data controller by email data subjects may request to access their data, to delete them, to limit processing in the cases provided for by art . 18 GDPR, as well as to object to the processing, for the cases of legitimate interest pursued by the Controller.
Furthermore, if the processing is based on consent or on an agreement and is carried out with automated tools, data subjects have the right to receive the data in a common, structured format, which is readable by an automatic device, as well as, if technically feasible , to transmit them to another controller without impediment.
Data subjects have the right to withdraw consent for profiling cookies, as well as to object to cookies used for marketing purposes, without affecting the functioning and functionalities of the website. Interested parties have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in the Member State in which they habitually reside or work or of the State in which the alleged violation occurred.